August 18, 2013

Wellies in Maine

Oh how we love Maine... 

 My husband and I have a love for the East Coast, specifically Maine. This summer we had the most amazing getaway with my in-laws, brother-in-law & his fiance, in a remote town (Little Deer Isle) where the cool & wet weather were a welcome change from the 110+ temps we left behind. We think it's the best kept secret in the US... at least for a few months out of the year!

 I've wanted a really good reason to purchase a nice pair of rain boots so when we booked the trip, I was on it. I really didn't think we'd NEED them due to rain, but envisioned myself with my little guy walking along the rocky beach in our matching boots. I guess I've just always associated Maine with "Wellies." My impractical, heavy, bulky items that were squeezed into the suitcases weren't so impractical after all & turned out to be the best items packed! The boots saved us... they kept us dry, warm, clean and of course *stylish* in Maine!


Rainy day in Blue Hill...



 Clamming in Little Deer Isle...
Now I really looked like the smart one who packed boots! 


We found just three clams that weren't edible & LOTS & LOTS of delicious (hubby's fave) mussels!


With the Schooner Captain for our ride in Penobscot Bay... 

And a few of my faves...





Thank you, Maine!
 Thank you for the many "Firsts," the $3.50/lb lobster, the mussels on "our beach," the exposure to different lifestyles, wildlife and scenery but most of all, for the family time we spent creating wonderful memories. 














No comments:

Post a Comment