March 9, 2012

Neon, you're not so bad!


80's inspired fashion sticks around for Spring 2012.... BOLD & brighter than ever!
Brian Atwood

I'll admit, when I started seeing the neon fashions on the runway the past couple of years and now more than ever this spring, I felt as if I were 10 years old again with Debbie Gibson's, "Only in my Dreams" - playing in my head. YIKES! I've struggled with how to pull this one off! I'm not one to draw attention to myself... but how can you not with these colors, right!? 
 You don't have to leave this trend to the tweens, teenyboppers & 20-somethings. It's all about moderation, own personal style, and how loud & bold you want to take the trend! In searching for new pieces for my spring wardrobe & items for this bold post, I found really yummy, not so screaming loud options that I admit are pretty amazing!  Neon doesn't have to be interpreted as nearly glow in the dark fashions. Many designers have designed pieces that are certainly bold but don't require sunglasses to look at. From splurgy spring dresses to the reasonably priced handbags, many designers knew where to take the trend for 2012. Diane, JCrew, Kate Spade... you didn't disappoint this season.

Here are some fun options from HELLO look at me bright to WOW, that's a fun color & design! 
Pieces are from JCrew, asos & Nordstrom. 

I couldn't leave out the littles with fashions & toys from Peek...Aren't You Curious, Nordstrom, JCrew, Vans, Converse, Zappos & Amazon.

Try a small bright clutch, neon piped jacket, or heels that pop!  What will you be wearing that makes a statement or gets the attention of a passerby... yards & yards away!?! Photos are always welcome... post yours on the SSS Facebook page

Fashionably Yours,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment