March 6, 2012

Spring Staples

Yes, it's true, my blog posts have been a little weak in the past months. I was diligently working on my son's preschool annual fundraiser with two fabulous friends. We took on the "project" nearly a year ago & the fruits of our labor came to fruition the last weekend in February. Our Denim & Diamonds themed fundraiser, hosted at my dear friends gorgeous home, brought many parents, teachers & even a few grandparents together to enjoy the beautiful evening while raising funds for Christ Church School.  You all know how much I LOVE to plan & style parties... but this was much, much more than a just a "party." My co-chairs and I worked for many months, securing sponsors & silent auction items, catering & decor details, planned a school spirit week for the children, a black jack tournament & raffles at the event & much more! The hours put into this one night were endless, but FUN & most of all, friendships grew stronger. I can't say enough about the love I have for my dear friends, the fantastic Saints Board & volunteers... and of course our fabulous school!

Just a glimpse...

Photos Courtesy of Yvette Katsenes

Spring is upon us ladies, who's ready!?
Every season I splurge on a few items that become staples in my closet to wear for several months & into the next season. I tend to be drawn to new handbags, shoes and jewelry I can pair with items already in my wardrobe or wear with a few new purchases that don't break the bank. 

After lunching with a couple girlfriends, one reminded me of the beautiful coral jeans she purchased for the TV segment last month & my other fashionable friend mentioned a green handbag she's been eyeing! So, I thought why not use these as staples, paring them three different ways. In the first three looks I also incorporated earrings & shoes!
In these next three looks I included a lovely off white handbag, perfect or spring/summer... love the cross body style! These three also incorporate spring trends... preppy, peplum & yellow & black combinations.
To learn specifics on these looks, click here: POLYVORE
Follow me on polyvore here: SavvyStylist 
Or on Pinterest, here: "My Polyvore Sets" Board

What will your 2012 SPRING STAPLES be? 
Fashionably Yours,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment