January 27, 2013

Sunday Blues

In college we called it the "Sunday Blues"... you know, coming down after a super crazy fun-filled weekend, feeling blue about ugh, MONDAY. We savored every last minute of free time, trying to gear up for a jam packed week of classes, study groups and meetings. 
Today I rather enjoy my Sundays... church, sometimes a breakfast out and time to play outside with my hubby and son. BUT... this weekend, in a typically sunny Phoenix, it's been VERY rainy. Stuck inside, having "the blues," I thought I'd put together a little collection full of blue & grey hues. To keep it cheery, I added a bright punch of color. It's like the sun peaking through the rain filled sky. 
Beautiful beaded necklaces from Miss CoCo Designs & Mudpies & Pigtails... both based in AZ!
I stumbled upon this look on the Anthro website... thought it was perfect for this post! You'll see how I added different shoes & accessories to change it up a bit, both from Anthropologie. By zipping up the sweater & adding this collar necklace (which I own and wear A LOT!), and adding a metallic heel, the look is complete.  Isn't the back of the top darling? If you're thinking the heart jeans might be a little too juvenile, a pair of dark wash jeans would look great.
Get this look here. The peplum top is also sold in red, ivory & black. A great staple piece at $68!

The LBD - "Little BLUE Dress!"
This simple, classic J. Crew dress can be paired so many different ways! Here are some looks I put together with shoes & accessories also from J. Crew & J. Crew Factory. Add a fun pop of color, animal print or layer lots of necklaces or bracelets to make an impression.
Find these pieces here.

Here' a little something I pulled together using a bright blue tone. 
Perfectly paired with an orange pop, I wanted to tone it down with this grey stripe jacket, nude shoe and bag so it wasn't too loud. It's a nice ensemble as we look ahead toward springtime.
All clothing, shoes & accessories are from Gap & Piperlime.

Yes, of course I had to put a rainy day ensemble together. I used Polyvore to look for the exact pieces I wanted to include. I own these gray polka dot pants - the comfiest - and love the idea of a bright yellow rain coat, like this one from Burberry. I was seriously giddy when I came across the umbrella... one of my favorite combos (and on trend for spring) of black & white... AND striped! I've been eyeing some Hunter rain boots for months & months now... pinned them in several colors, just not sure which ones to get. I also had to justify the cost with how many days out of the year I'll really wear them in AZ. But, I figure they are a great quality boot and will last me years. My favorite color is red, but black are so versatile. Blue could be unique (for me) and green IS the color of the year. What's a girl to do when they literally make them in every color of the rainbow?! Last week would have been the time to purchase them with the rainy days we've been having! I'll keep you posted...

Fashionably Yours, 
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment