December 15, 2010

My Styling Checklist

When it comes to styling for photos, I think about five very important aspects...
COORDINATING (not matchy), COMFORT, LAYERING, ACCESSORIZING, CAMERA READY

Here's a look at my own holiday portraits. The inspiration piece... my son's soft plaid button down, layered with a thermal. I just loved the colors of soft gray, dark blue, purple and lavender.  My little guy LOVES his Vans, so I paired his outfit with new gray ones. Then...I stumbled upon a fabulous etsy shop full of hand knit goodies! I had his visor hat made to coordinate. Check. {Loopty Loo Designs} did a great job! Luckily my husband had this light gray gingham check shirt hanging in the closet that coordinated perfectly. Check. As for me, I was excited to layer my cozy sweater with ruffle tank and accessorize with a snazzy jeweled belt.
Oh, and get the chance to wear my most comfortable new black boots! Check.
 Now, what does "camera ready" mean for THIS stylist? When looking through the camera, my goal is for the photographer to see that the color palette, patterns and textures are appealing rather than distracting. I really try to enhance THEIR work! I thought our color scheme was soft and appealing and we looked comfortable in our clothing . Check.

Tami Proffitt did an excellent job capturing my little family during our min-session. Her fun loving and patient demeanor allowed all of us to have a stress free session full of laughs. Thanks, Tami!!!
Here are some from our holiday mini-session and a link to her blog post!






No comments:

Post a Comment