July 19, 2011

I LOVE styling... people and parties!

I am pretty sure styling in terms of wardrobe and styling in terms of parties are my absolute favorite "hobbies" (along with photography of course)! I not only love to help people look and feel their best for photos and special events but styling parties is another ultimate rush! In giving showers and having birthday parties for family and friends, I have found organizing and "theme-ing" out get-togethers is pretty darn fun. Yep, I am a total "right brain" gal! 

My son just turned 3 over the weekend. Summer birthdays are so hard, especially in Phoenix... but we had a couple friends and family over for treats and to sing "happy birthday" which obviously made my little guy SUPER excited! This is my party styling on a small scale... not sure you'd call it a full blown "party" but he had a "ball!"


I like to create my own decor, like this frame - just a little paint, hot glue and some ribbon to match the theme...
and these pots that can be used many ways.


Fresh flowers are something I like to keep in my home pretty much all the time, not only for my party decor. I sure lucked out finding these gerbers that matched my theme perfectly! I was giddy when I spotted these at my local Trader Joe's :)!


I like having fun drinks... that match the decor, of course. These included orange soda, orange Gatorade and a sparkling water with a hint of orange, topped off with a juicy orange slice. The straws were SO fun from So & Such.
Some sweet treats... (my mom makes the most DELICIOUS shortbread cookies)
and cupcakes (Cupcakes by Design)... I added toppers !



My inspiration...
A darling tee from Kie & Kate Couture
I just love this color combo... perfect for a basketball themed "party."




Thanks for stopping by!
Angela



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting us be a part of your party's memories! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete